Saturday, July 13, 2013

I am the Points Plus MacGyver! (3 days of travel, only 9 PP left!)

One very long plane ride brought me from the east coast to the west. One very short argument with my boyfriend sent me to a sushi bar. Alone, tired and hungry, I reveled in the sushi varieties and drank my flex points away in two large glasses of white wine.

This morning I calculated the damage. Just 9 "FlexPoints" remain in the coffers to get me through three more days of traveling until I get home and the weekly tracker resets itself. Somehow, I awoke renewed and determined to meet this challenge. Intending to walk to a nearby grocery store to score some healthy breakfast, I was instead pleasantly surprised to see my hotel offered a free buffet. 

Determined to be a Points Plus MacGyver, I scanned the bounty with a creative eye. On my plate went some delightful fruit salad and half a grapefruit. (In my purse, went a banana and an orange for later.) I got creative with two hard-boiled eggs, slicing them and fanning them on my plate, I blanketed them with salsa and sprinkled on some salt and pepper. I can do this!!

I think of you imaginary blog readers*, and imagine your support. Just like movie viewers can save the dying Tinker Bell in "Peter Pan" by shouting "I do believe in fairies!" I am hoping you will say a silent "I do believe in you, Points Plus MacGyver!" today and keep me on track this week ;-)

No, this blog is not the after effects of the wine talking. Today's blog is a bit of a motivational self-talk, and I am more than willing to endulge in a few fantasies if it will get me through the challenges ahead!

Must...do...what...it....takes.....

Until next time, stay strong and eat well!



*If you are real...welcome, and thank you! I say imaginary, because I've only recently started this blog and there is not a lot of action yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment