Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Say Cheese! (Cottage Cheese, that is)

July  2, 2013



Destination #1: “Me Minus 10%” - Distance, 16 lbs / 11.2 Remaining! 
Destination #2: “Normal” - Distance, 28 lbs / 23.2 Remaining! 
Final Destination: “Happy Weight” -  Distance 39 lbs / 34 Remaining


I might not be ready to jump in front of a camera lens yet (in fact, I think I would rather jump in front of a moving vehicle than voluntarily have my picture taken), but I did lose weight again this week! I credit a strategy I learned from "The Eat Clean Diet Stripped " by Tosca Reno for keeping me sane and satiated. (Yes, I am addicted to reading about health and fitness.) 

Strategy – never go more than 3 hours without eating, and eat protein with every snack.

I used to live in fear that reducing my meal size to allow for more snacks would make me feel deprived at meal time. Au contraire! My tummy has never been so happy, constantly looking forward to a regular stream of food.

As for the snacks, I have learned that Fat Free Cottage Cheese is just ONE single, solitary ww point per  ½ cup serving. Jackpot! And I learned two new ways to enjoy it:


  • SWEET: Mix ½ cup cottage cheese with a chopped plum. Yum! Or fresh chopped peach, or pineapple or whatever you have on hand.
  • SAVORY: Cut up a ripe tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add chopped basil. Splash with high quality, Aged Balsamic Vinegar. Top with ½ cup cottage cheese. Now you have guilt-free caprese salad. This is my new love! Bon appétit!





No comments:

Post a Comment